Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PHOTO of the WEEK April 11--A Few Yak Heads

Song of Advice for Giving Up the Eating of Meat

by Nyala Pema Duddul

When I think about the suffering that meat-eating brings,
I can not bear it and I feel pain and anguish in my heart.
Om mani padme hum hrih!
Out of emptiness and compassion, you are the one who guides beings,
Noble Avalokiteshvara, to you I pay homage.

Without having trained in love and compassion myself,
I ate the flesh of my mothers whilst lecturing about cause and effect.
Without realizing the absolute, I wandered on the path of empty words.
I, the parrot-like beggar of White Rock,
Practised austerities and ‘extracting the essence.’
Then, one day, while meditating on Lord Avalokiteshvara,
According to the union of stages from the Khanyam Rangdrol,[1]
My own body and everything around me suddenly disappeared,
Transforming into the light body of the Great Compassionate One,
Who appeared as a vision in the sky before me.
As I looked from a state of luminous self-awareness,
I saw the inconceivable miseries of the lower realms.
(to continue reading the complete translation, paste http://www.lotsawahouse.org/id6.html in your browser)

But, In case you are late, the previous long articles I blogged entitled "The Hidden Shrine & Empty Picture Frame" and "Tolerance & Totalisation", well...they have taken the same path as these unfortunate yaks--on order of the Travel & Editorial Department of the Lower East Side. In case you want to still read the articles, just email me, grab your wheat grass juice and wait to get them from me personally. In the meantime, study the Photo of the Week here, and then read above the excellent translation (by the head Ninja of the ever-increasing Wu Tai Clan) of Nyala Pema Duddul's visonary prayer. Then, go fry up a tofu-pup and eat a blue-corn chip!

No comments: